MATTHEW S. SLAZINSKI
Matt Slazinski is a cum laude graduate of Central Michigan University. He was in the top quarter of the 1994 graduating class of the University of Detroit Mercy Law School where he was a senior staff member of the Law Review.
Matt garnered a wide range of experience during his first few years in practice working for a general practice law firm where he drafted various contracts and other legal documents, handled residential and commercial real estate transactions and assisted in various phases of trial work including drafting briefs, conducting discovery, negotiating settlements, arguing motions and trying cases.
As Matt gained experience he began narrowing the focus of his practice primarily in the areas of business and commercial matters, real estate matters and construction law. Matt has extensive experience in these areas of the law both from the transactional and operational standpoint as well as from the litigation standpoint. From the experience he has gained in litigating contracts, he has learned to draft clear, unambiguous agreements which are easily understood by the parties and which help to avoid disputes and misunderstandings. His experience in representing and counseling clients in their day-to-day business, real estate and construction activities has enabled Matt to obtain favorable results for clients involved in litigation. Matt's clients include Fortune 500 Companies, businesses, and individuals.
One of the advantages that Matt's clients enjoy is the personal care and individual attention that he gives each of them. As a result, he listens carefully to his client's needs and does his utmost to see to it that those needs are met. In short, Matt is the kind of lawyer most clients want and is a skilled problem solver who relates and communicates well with his clients.
Organizations and Involvements
- Michigan Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Advocates Society (Polish-American Bar Association)
- Circuit Court and District Court Case Evaluator - Oakland County
- Licensed Michigan Residential Builder
- Board of Directors-American Subcontractors Association (Michigan Chapter)
- Corporate Counsel to American Subcontractors Association (Michigan Chapter)
- Board of Directors-Central Michigan University Alumni Association
- Phi Kappa Phi (Honor Society)
- Sigma Iota Epsilon (Business Society)
- All Michigan State Courts
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit